For the recordings uploaded to Video Analytics, you can replay the recorded meeting, check the speech recognition results, emotion recognition results, chat histories, and other data, and add comments.
Check the recording on MiiTel Analytics
- Visit https://account.miitel.jp/v1/signin and log in to MiiTel Analytics.
- Click Video Analytics.
- Search the recording you want to check by selecting the period (displayed on the sidebar menu on the left) or clicking Search option and entering the details.
- Like the image below as an example, you can check the speech recognition and voice analysis results.
1Title of the Zoom meeting
Start time of the meeting
Total recording time
The number of users who played the meeting
(Even if the same user plays more than once, it will count as one user for each time. Hover over the icon to see the name of users who played the recording.)
Name of participants
3Add call memos. (For details on how to create call memos, please go to Call memo.)
4The history of the recordings. (If you've done the recording more than once during the meeting, you will see multiple tabs.)
6Change the name of the meeting (topic) or delete the recording from here.
Original: You can check the transcript of the conversation. The host's conversation is transcribed in the blue box, and the guest's conversation is transcribed in the red box.
Without fillers: You can check the transcript of the conversation without fillers.
- Create minutes: Use ChatGPT to create meeting minutes
- Summary (beta): You can check the conversation's summary sentences that are predicted to be important based on the speech recognition results. Currently, MiiTel only supports this feature for Japanese conversations. (You will still be able to see the summary tab for non-Japanese conversations.)
- Only the conversations during the recording will be transcribed.
- Speech recognition may not work for proper nouns, uncommon words (e.g., company terms), and fast/unclear conversations.
- The conversations from users who changed their names during the meeting may not have their speech analyzed.
- If speakers are displayed as guests like guest01, please change the settings of the Cloud recording. Log into Zoom (https://zoom.us/signin), then go to Settings > Recordings > and check both Record audio-only files and Record a separate audio file of each participant. After making these settings, the speaker will be identified from the next meeting.
8Enter a comment about the meeting. For more details, please check Comment (meeting history).
9Enter comments for the playback of the meeting. If you click this button at the playback point where you want to enter a comment, the playback time will be included in the comment.
10Download the recording. (mp4 format)
11The ratio of each participant who spoke during the meeting will be displayed by a percentage. You can also see parts where multiple participants spoke simultaneously and where no participants spoke anything. (You can click on the colored part on each bar to play the recording from that time.)
12Emotion recognition (See Emotion recognition for more detail)
13The number of silences that occurred during the meeting.
14The number of overlaps that occurred during the meeting.
15Speech evaluation of the meeting. (Number of overlaps and silences)
16Each participant's voice evaluation. (Score)
- If the username is displayed as a guest (e.g., guest01), you can click Connect to MiiTel user and select the MiiTel user to link the username with the MiiTel user.
- If the username is linked to a MiiTel user, the following changes will occur.
- The speech recognition results will be displayed in blue as the user's voice.
- The user's voice data will be included in the Video dashboard.
- If the username is linked to a MiiTel user, will be displayed next to the username.
- If you want to unlink, click Disconnect MiiTel user.
17The mentioned keywords and the time when the keywords were spoken during the meeting.
18The history of all chats received during the cloud recording.
- Even if you delete the recording on Video Analytics, the recording will still be saved on Zoom Cloud.
- Even if you delete the recording on Zoom Cloud, the recording will still be saved on Video Analytics.
- For recordings that are 8 hours or longer, you won't be able to check the speech recognition and voice analysis, but you can still play them on Video Analytics.
- The unknown in the talk ratio shows where the speaker could not be identified (with the percentage of the meeting).
- If the Zoom user who was designated as the alternative host joins a meeting made by MiiTel for Zoom, this Zoom user's username will be displayed as the host in Video Analytics.