To use MiiTel for Zoom, you would need to change the settings required on Zoom and MiiTel Admin. Please change the settings because if you do not, you will not be able to use MiiTel for Zoom or some of the features of this service.
Zoom cloud recording settings
- If you are using a licensed user account for Zoom, please change the settings as described on this page. If you are going to use a basic user account, please proceed to How to allow users to use MiiTel for Zoom.
Recording a Zoom meeting to the cloud will be convenient because the recording file will automatically upload to Video Analytics. Before you do the cloud recording, we recommend you change the Zoom settings so you can create a recording file that can be used to analyze the conversation of all participants.
- Go to https://zoom.us/signin.
- Sign in to Zoom.
- Click Settings > Recording.
- Check all of the following in Cloud recording.
- Click Save.
- If you select Record in the cloud from Settings tab > Recording tab > enable automatic recording; your recordings will automatically upload to the cloud. (This will also prevent you from forgetting to record the meeting.)
- Let's say you created the audio transcript by uploading the mp4 file from the local recording. Please note that even if you changed the settings as above, you would not be able to identify the participants for this transcript.
How to allow users to use MiiTel for Zoom
You will change the settings on MiiTel Admin to allow MiiTel users to use MiiTel for Zoom. Only users who have this permission can integrate with the Zoom account.
- Log in to MiiTel Admin.
- Click User > User List.
- Click [ ] on the user you want to allow to use MiiTel for Zoom > Edit
- Check Enable in MiiTel for Zoom, then click Save.
Users who are permitted to use MiiTel for Zoom will have the Personal Settings button displayed on MiiTel Analytics.
- Please refer to How to set up MiiTel for Zoom to set up the Zoom integration.