If you are using or thinking of using MiiTel Phone Mobile, please read this page and prepare the following network environments.
iOS: 13.2 and after (iPhone / iPod touch / iPad)
iOS 16: MiiTel Phone Mobile for iOS v02.00.02 and after
Android: 8.0 and after (The Android device that can download the app from Google Play)
Approximate amount of data usage
One minute of a phone call from MiiTel Phone Mobile uses approximately 2 MB of data.
Permission settings for using Wi-Fi
If you are going to use MiiTel Phone Mobile in a Wi-Fi environment, we recommend you change the permission settings. Please see below for details.
We recommend you not to use the proxy server (including products like L7 firewall and Web filtering) because it can lead to a delay in voice communication.
If you don't have any other choice but to use the proxy server, set the following domains by MiiTel to not go through the proxy server. Also, you can try setting the following domains in the proxy whitelist. (We recommend you do a test call to check if there are no issues with the sound quality.)
(If you wish to change the settings by the IP address, please contact Support.)
- Please also check if the following protocols and ports are enabled.
- iOS : 5223/TCP, Android : 5228/TCP, 5229/TCP, 5230/TCP
- Please note that you won't be able to use the Queue feature from MiiTel Phone Mobile.
About MiiTel Analytics
You won't be able to use some of the features in MiiTel Analytics from the smartphone version of Google Chrome or Safari.
- The 4G/5G mobile internet can be faster and more stable than Wi-Fi.
- If you are on a phone call on MiiTel Phone Mobile, which was started by Wi-Fi, and move to an area where the Wi-Fi does not reach, please note that the app will not automatically switch to 4G/5G mobile internet, and your call can get disconnected.
- Since MiiTel Phone Mobile is an app that is supported by Apple and Google, you may experience some delays in the services due to the network environment or other reasons, and please note that there is no guarantee for receiving 100% of the phone calls. Therefore, we recommend you also use the PC version of MiiTel services (MiiTel Phone Desktop, MiiTel Phone Chrome Extension, MiiTel Phone for Salesforce) with MiiTel Phone Mobile.
- Please note that the sound quality can be low when using Bluetooth devices (headsets, earphones, etc.).
- If you are also using the MDM (mobile device management) services, please check with the administrator of the MDM in your organization to see if MDM is not affected negatively by MiiTel Phone Mobile.
- Please ensure that you have enough mobile data per month for your smartphone compared to your expected time on phone calls. (One minute of a phone call from MiiTel Phone Mobile uses approximately 2 MB of data.)