Group Call is a feature that allows you to invite a third person to join the phone call.
For example, when a sales representative receives a technical question from the customer, they can invite an engineer to join the phone call to provide an explanation.
If you want to advise your team member during the call without the other person on the line listening to the details, use Whispering.
You can also invite non-MiiTel users to join the phone call.
(E.g., Inviting another customer to join the phone call.)
- Only one more person could join the phone call.
- If you add a MiiTel user to the phone call, that added user's conversation will not be recorded, and the speech recognition results of their conversation will not be available.
Add a MiiTel user to the call
How to switch to monitoring or whispering during the group call
While you are doing a group call, you can switch to monitoring or whispering to provide support to your team member without interrupting the conversation with the customer.
- Click Group call on the MiiTel Phone Mobile screen.
- Click the feature you would like to use.
- You can start monitoring or whispering. (After you click the feature, the currently used feature will be shown on the screen as shown below.)
Add a non-MiiTel user to the call
You can also add non-MiiTel users to the phone call.
- Even if one person ends the phone call, the conversation will continue.
- The audio after the start of the group call will be registered as a call history with the call type as Call forwarding. This call history will be registered separately from the original call's history.
- In the call history of the conversation before the start of the group call, you can check the audio up to when one of the two people from the original call ends the call.
- In the call history of the conversation after the start of the group call, you can check the audio up to when the added third person ends the call.