This page will guide customers through the process of logging in and getting the MiiTel Phone ready for use to customers using Salesforce's Lightning Experience.
Customers who use MiiTel Phone on Salesforce will be able to use convenient features and see display messages.
In order to use this feature, you need to set up a softphone to Salesforce. Please follow the instructions in Set up Salesforce Softphone (Lightning Experience) or Set up Salesforce Softphone (Salesforce Classic).
※Currently, the pages above are only available in Japanese.
If you are using Salesforce Classic, please refer to Use MiiTel Phone with Salesforce Classic.
Step #1 : Display softphone on Salesforce
Log in to Salesforce as a user with MiiTel Phone enabled.
Click MiiTel Phone located on the bottom left of the page to start MiiTel Phone.
Step #2 : Log in to MiiTel Phone
Enter the login ID and password you received in advance to log in to your MiiTel Phone.
After logging in, you will see a keypad as displayed in the picture below.
Feature #1 : Screen pop for incoming calls
For incoming calls from a person who has their phone number registered on Salesforce, this feature can display the Salesforce page of that customer or multiple customers who has the same phone number on the search results page. To set up this feature, please refer to Screen pop settings for incoming calls (Lightning Experience).
- Salesforce integration must be set up.
- Screen pop feature for incoming calls is enabled by default in initial settings of Salesforce (Lightning Experience).
- Depending on the registration status of the phone number on Salesforce and phone number for incoming calls, if you would like to customize which page will pop-up, you would need to have an administration account of Salesforce. To set up, please refer to Screen pop settings for incoming calls (Lightning Experience).
On the MiiTel Phone incoming calls screen on Salesforce, the registration status of Salesforce of the corresponding phone number is displayed as the picture below. If there is one or more records matching Salesforce, you can receive the call after you open the corresponding customer's Salesforce page.
Feature #2 : Move MiiTel Phone to another location
If you feel that using MiiTel Phone in Salesforce is difficult to use because of the overlap of MiiTel Phone and Salesforce, by the following steps, you can use the phone separately from the screen of Salesforce.
- Click Pop-out button on top right of MiiTel Phone.
- MiiTel Phone will be displayed as the pop-up is separated from Salesforce page.
- To return the phone to the original location of the Salesforce page, click Pop-in button on top right of MiiTel Phone.
Will the phone call still be continued when I change to another page?
- For Lightning Experience, your call will still be maintained even if the page is changed during the call. However for Salesforce Classic, due to the system specifications of Salesforce, the call will be disconnected when the page is changed.