The incoming call rule is the rule that determines the flow of incoming calls when receiving a call. You can create multiple incoming call rules that are suitable for different situations like during business hours or after business hours.
When setting up the rules for incoming calls, you must set up a group that will receive incoming calls, so first, create a group before setting the rules.
- Set rules for incoming calls
- Example #1: Call all users in a group
- Example #2: Play sound (*After the sound is played, the call will end.)
- Example #3: Play sound then the user can choose the group (IVR)
* There will be an additional charge for this setting. If you would like to use this action, please contact your sales representative, customer support, or support.
- Example #4: Calls to the users of the group will be made after the sound
- Example #5: Automatic call forwarding
- Example #6: Setup voicemail
- Edit rules
- Duplicate rules
- Delete rules
Set rules for incoming calls
- Log in to MiiTel Admin with administrator privileges.
- Click Incoming > Incoming Call Rule
- Click Add new incoming call rule.
- With the image and details below as your guide, you can set the actions for incoming calls.
1Enter the name of the rule.
2Enter the description of the rule.
3Set the following action for incoming calls.
- Call all users in a group: Calls all users of the set group for the specified number of seconds. If nobody answers the call, the call will be disconnected. If another action is set after this action, that next action will be activated.
- Play sound: The set sound file is played to the caller. When the audio finishes, the phone will be disconnected. If another action is set after this action, that next action will be activated.
- Voicemail: The set voicemail will be played.
- Automatic call forwarding: Incoming calls will be forwarded to the phone number you have set for automatic transfer. If the forwarding recipient does not answer, the call will be disconnected. If another action is set after this action, that next action will be activated.
- Queue: (A separate contract is required to use this action.) When this action is set, you can set queues to the incoming call rules.
- Play sound and accept button input from user (IVR): (A separate contract is required to use this action.) For example, audio saying "For Japanese, press 1. For English, press 2." will be played and the caller can choose an action to be performed from the selected number.
4Add this action and then add the next action for the rule (if necessary).
Example #1: Call all users in a group
Let's say that you want everyone's phone in your sales team to ring when a call comes in during business hours on weekdays. In this case, select Call all users in a group then select the appropriate group. If you also set the Ring time, the phone will ring for the specified number of seconds.
If nobody picks up the phone during this time, the call will be disconnected.