With Salesforce integration, customers who use Salesforce can also automatically create MiiTel's call history on Salesforce. The call history details that can be created on Salesforce is the following. For call recordings or scores, please consider using MiiTel for Salesforce (AppExchange).
- Dial start time
- Call start time
- Call end time
- Call memo
- Call type
- Call duration (seconds)
- Call history URL
- Speech recognition (without fillers)
- Speech recognition (summary)
Activate Salesforce activity history integration
- Log in to MiiTel Admin.
- Click Third Party Integration > Salesforce
- Click the Activity history integration tab.
- Check Enable activity history integration.
- After you set all of the following fields, click Save.
1Registration timing: Choose when the call history information is going to be created on Salesforce.
After the call begins: Activity history will be created after the call begins.
After the call ends: Activity history will be created after the call ends. Also, if you complete the settings in steps #4 - #9, Dial start time, Call start time, Call end time, Call memo, etc., can also be created on Salesforce.
- If you select After the call begins, the following information will automatically be entered in Comment of MiiTel's call history.
・Canceled calls: Outbound call (No answer)
・Missed calls: Incoming call (No answer)
Incoming call, Outbound call, Answering machine, Call forwarding: Call history URL
2Subject: Set the subject to be displayed in Salesforce's activity history.
3Status: Select the status to be used for registering the activity history.
*If you set this as Completed, the call history will be displayed as Tasks. If you set this as Open, the call history will be created as an upcoming task.
4Dial start time: Select a custom field where the dial start time will be registered. The field type must be Date/Time.
5Call start time: Select a custom field where the call start time will be registered. The field type must be Date/Time.
6Call end time: Select a custom field where the call end time will be registered. The field type must be Date/Time.
- To create a custom field with the field type as Date/Time, log in to Salesforce with an account that has administration privileges, then click Settings > Object Manager tab > Activity > Fields and Relationships. Next, go to Create Custom Fields and start from Step #2 to create the custom field.
7Call memo: Select a custom field where the call memo will be registered. The field type must be Picklist (Multi-Select).
- Create the custom field on Salesforce where the Call History will be registered.
- Log in to Salesforce with an account that has administration privileges, then click Settings.
- Click Object Manager tab > Activity > Fields and Relationships. (You can not create custom fields from Tasks)
- Click New.
- Select Picklist (Multi-Select) in Step 1. Choose the field type.
- Set the following for Step 2. Enter the details.
1Field Label: Enter the name of the field.
2Values: Select Enter values, with each value separated by a new line
3Enter a sample call memo here. (The settings will be incomplete if this section is left blank.)
4Uncheck Restrict picklist to the values defined in the value set.
- Click Next and continue with the settings to Step 4. Add to page layouts, then click Save.
8Comment: Set all call history information to be included in comments of activity history fields.
- Click the type of information you want to include in Comment from Merge field.
- Like the image below, type the name of the field (that you wish to display on Salesforce).
9Comment (canceled calls or missed calls): Set the information to be included in comments of canceled calls or missed calls.
- The maximum number of characters you can enter in Comment is 30,000, including the field codes.
- For MiiTel call history for missed calls and answering machine: the Salesforce username that was used to set up the basic settings of Salesforce integration will be displayed as the assignee.
- If you use click to call, the activity history will be created in the Salesforce record where the click to call was done. However, activity history will only be created in Accounts, Contacts, and Lead records.
- If you make a call by a method other than click to call, the search to find the record with that phone number will be performed in the order of Accounts, Contacts, then Leads. Activity history will be created in the record where the phone number was found. If the same object was found in multiple records, the activity history would be created in the record that has the most updated information.
- This integration uses REST API, and the API will be consumed as the following.
- The API will consume up to a maximum of three times to search for the assignee. (This search is done on three objects in the order of Accounts, Contacts, then Leads to find the record with the corresponding phone number. If the phone number was included in Leads, the API would consume three times as the search was done in three objects.)
- Each time the new activity history is created, the API will be consumed once.
- If the MiiTel activity history is set to insert speech recognition, the API will be consumed once when the speech recognition is inserted.
- After the MiiTel Phone call ends and the call memo is created, the API will be consumed once.
- After the call memo is added or deleted, the API will be consumed once.
- Salesforce API version used for MiiTel is 51.0, and if you wish to check the API version, please go to Find Salesforce Edition and API version.