You have received the following message when making an outbound call. You can solve this problem by changing the settings of your headset or microphone. Please try and test each of the following procedures.
Check if your microphone (headphone) is connected to your computer
Depending on your computer's soundboard, you may receive this message if the microphone is not connected correctly.
- Please check if you have connected the earphone microphone to the headphone output that does not have the microphone input feature.
- Please make sure you are connecting to the correct jack.
- For your guide, using one of our recommended USB headsets mostly solves this problem.
Allow microphone to have access in your browser
If you accidentally clicked Block on the pop-up that asks for permission to access the microphone (screenshot below), please check the following instructions below to allow the access.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click> Settings.
- Type microphone in the search box. After the search, click Site Settings.
- Click Microphone.
- Click [▶︎] on .miitel.jp or .force.com in the Block section.
- Click Block in Microphone and switch to Allow.
- If other websites require microphone permissions to be set, click [←] then repeat steps #5 - #6.
Check if the browser recognizes your microphone device
In some rare cases, even if there is no problem with the microphone connection and device driver, the above error screen (mentioned at the top of the page) may be displayed because the browser is not recognizing the microphone device. For this case, you can manually unblock the device from the settings screen.
Log in to MiiTel Analytics, click the key icon to the left of the address bar.
- Set the Microphone section to Allow.
Make sure the microphone device is recognized and enabled on your computer
Check if the setting of the microphone in the privacy settings is not turned off
Make sure you have the right microphone configured for MiiTel (If you see an error in the desktop app version).
For Windows 10
- From the Start menu, click Settings (the gear icon).
- Click System.
- Click Sound > App volume and device preferences.
- Make sure the Input for MiiTel Phone is set to the correct device name. If the setting displays as Default, please check if the correct device is set in Input at the top of the screen, next to Master Volume.
Reinstall Google Chrome
Your settings may have been corrupted by using the Google Chrome browser for a long time or by using extensions. For this case, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Google Chrome.