If you cannot hear the other person's voice during a call, you may be able to improve the situation by changing the volume settings on your computer or browser. Please try each of the following solutions.
Check the volume settings of your computer and headset.
- Please check your computer's volume setting to see if it is muted or set to a lower volume.
- If you are using a headset with a volume control model, please also check the volume setting on the headset.
Check your browser's audio settings.
If you are using one of the following three types of MiiTel Phone, you may not be able to hear audio output from the speaker because it is not allowed in the Google Chrome settings.
Check the application volume (Windows only)
In Windows, you can set the volume for each application. Please follow these steps to check your Google Chrome volume settings (MiiTel Phone for Desktop a>, please check your app's volume settings as well).
For Windows 10.
From the Start menu, click Settings (the gear icon).
- Click "System".
- Click on Sound.
- Scroll to the bottom of the dialog and click App Volume and Device Settings.
- If you are running the desktop version of MiiTel Phone, adjust the volume on "MiiTel Phone". If you are running a desktop version of MiiTel Phone, adjust the volume on "Google Chrome".
- After adjusting the volume in the settings screen above, make a test call to see if you can hear the other person's voice.