If you cannot hear the voice of the other person during the call, you may be able to solve the problem by changing the volume settings on your computer or browser. Please try each of the following solutions.
Check the volume settings of your computer and headset
- Please check the volume settings of your computer to see if the setting is mute or set to a lower volume.
- If you are using a headset with a volume control feature, please also check the volume setting on the headset.
Check the browser's audio settings
If you are using one of the following three types of MiiTel Phone, you may not be able to hear the audio output from the speaker due to the settings of Google Chrome.
Check the volume of the application (Windows only)
In Windows, you can change the volume settings for each application. Please follow these steps to check the volume settings of Google Chrome. (For customers using MiiTel Phone for Desktop, please also check the volume settings of the application.)
- Please make sure that your MiiTel Phone is running and logged in while checking the settings as below.
For Windows 10
From the Start menu, click Settings (the wheel icon).
- Click System.
- Click Sound.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click App volume and device preferences.
- For those running the desktop version of MiiTel Phone, change the volume of MiiTel Phone. If you are running the Google Chrome Extension or Salesforce version of MiiTel Phone, change the volume of Google Chrome.
- After adjusting the volume from the settings above, do a test call to check if you can hear the other person's voice.
Update your browser to the latest version
Updating your browser to the latest version may solve the problem.