Starting from MiiTel Phone Desktop for Windows v3.3.0, released on August 31, 2023, OS administrative privileges will no longer be required for installation. Also, the installation location of the program file will change from this version.
Affected MiiTel Phone Desktop versions
MiiTel Phone Desktop for Windows v3.3.0 or later.
Details of change
- OS administrator privileges are no longer required for installing or updating MiiTel Phone Desktop.
- MiiTel Phone Desktop program files will be saved in different locations.
- Earlier than v3.3.0: \Program Files\MiiTel\MiiTel.exe
- v3.3.0 or later: \%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Programs\MiiTel.exe
- OS administrative privileges are required when you update from the version earlier than v3.3.0 to v3.3.0.
- If MiiTel Phone Desktop was set to launch when the computer starts, you will need to reset the settings after installing MiiTel Phone Desktop v3.3.0.
- For the following cases, Windows Firewall authorization may be required when opening MiiTel Phone Desktop for the first time.
- Updating from MiiTel Phone Desktop v3.3.0 or earlier to v3.3.0.
- If you are installing MiiTel Phone Desktop for the first time.
If you have any questions, please contact us.