After you finish a phone call with MiiTel Phone for Salesforce, you can select the record to be set as Related to in Salesforce's activity history.
Select the record related to the phone call
- Log in to Salesforce.
- Click the MiiTel tab at the bottom left to launch MiiTel Phone for Salesforce.
- After the call ends, click the Related to tab.
- The record with the caller or receiver's phone number will be displayed. (You can search the record by the same method as Salesforce's global search with an optional keyword.)
- Select the record that is related to the call.
- Click Save.
Change the Salesforce object that will be included in the search results
You can change the setting of the search results on Salesforce.
- Log in to Salesforce with an account that has administrative privileges.
- Click Settings from Settings (wheel icon) on Salesforce.
- Enter softphone layout in the search box.
- From the search results, click Softphone Layouts.
- Click Edit next to the name of the softphone layout. (If Salesforce Call Center's outline is displayed, click Next.)
- For Select call type, select Inbound or Outbound. Select the call type for which you want to change the search results.
- For Display these salesforce.com objects, click Account, Contact, Lead, Case.
- Place the Salesforce objects that you want to search to Selections on the right. Also, place the Salesforce objects you want to exclude from the search results in Available on the right.
- Click Save.
Make sure you set Inbound or Outbound for Select call type as described in step #8 so that you can search for the Salesforce object's record after the end of the phone call.
The search results will not display the following Salesforce objects.